Re: Headless Install Debian Squeeze

	I am at work, now, but will have a go of all the things
you suggest and see how it goes.

	What I will be accessing from is a command-line system
that has speech output so I can ssh, telnet or serial via Kermit
to the target system. I have a DHCP server running on a Linux
P.C. so I will be able to tail the log and see what IP address
the target gets when it tries DHCP.

	I'll also start hearing output from the target system as
soon as the serial console fires up. If serial works, I won't
need to use ssh. If there is an ssh server built in to the
installation process that can be activated blindly, so to speak,
at CD boot, that is actually a more sustainable approach because
a number of newer systems do not have RS-232 ports any more.
Some can accept a RS-232 USB converter at the BIOS level, but
they don't exist in my house. Neither does any system that could
boot from the USB port.

	Right now, the two best ways in remotely are serial as
this particular box has 2 RS-232 ports and ssh if sshd just
happens to start on CD boot.

	Many thanks to all for the knowledge update.