Re: Squeeze: How to hide certain partitions in Nautilus

1. Follow the instructions in the previous email and use the following
(everything between the === rows) to create a new fstab (don't forget to
back up the existing fstab)

proc  /proc proc defaults 0 0
UUID=73b82a95-b080-4088-9c3d-1ff8445b2f68 / ext4
noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
UUID=54330dab-8d32-4c99-a068-3bcb04f01b61 none  swap    sw   0   0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 ntfs-3g defaults,noauto 0 0
/dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 vfat defaults,noauto 0 0

NOTE: the locale, iocharset, UID, GID, and noexec options haven't been
set as you won't be using the filesystems. Unless you try and mount them
as root it shouldn't be a problem (why I left the "user" out of the
options. I didn't bother with UUID - unless you drive swap it's not much
use, and even then labels are easier.
Also note that I added the noatime option to your / to improve performance.

Post again if this proves unclear, or the results unsatisfactory.

Dear Scott,

It didn't work. I still can see those 2 partitions in Nautilus ( trying to mount them requires root access, of course )
Maybe they were made available before fstab is read by the system?

Thank you,
Hoang