Re: help with virtualbox

On 06/28/11 at 08:58pm, Joe wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:33:47 -0400
> William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 06/28/11 at 03:16pm, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > Since I'm blind, I can't use the graphical interface with
> > > virtualbox. Can you help me to find a tutorial for me about how I
> > > do with the vboxmanage command?
> >
> > I found a few introductory tutorials by googling 'creating VMs with
> > vboxmanage'
> >
> > > I know the help for the command in the manual, but I need a step by
> > > step tutorial. I need also information about how to set up usb, and
> > > how to choose the correct sound card emulation.
> >
> > the relevant options are --usb on|off, and --audiocontroller
> > ac97:sb16 (from the man page)
> >
> > I just ran through the basic process, you use createvm, registervm,
> > modifyvm, startvm. I enabled sound with modifyvm --audio alsa
> > --audiocontroller ac97. I only have virtualbox-ose available, so I
> > can't test USB (OSE doesn't have USB support, among other things).
> >

> The manual and web tutorials the OP found are probably all there is,
> The OP describes them as 'introductory', but I think ...
> Quite apart from the OP's particular problem ...

OP means 'original poster'; however, the person posting the initial problem
(Kristoffer) and the person posting the tutorials (me) are two different people,
so OP isn't appropriate for both (:

Thanks for the tip regarding virtualbox free, hopefully it is licensed properly
and will make it down the line into Debian.

--
Liam