Re: nas with debian on pendrive

On 06/28/11 at 07:35pm, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi folks :-)
>
> I realized a nas with debian6 on a pendrive
>
> (http://fuckaround.org/nuvola/?p=59)
>
> My root dir is ext2 file system (mounted with noatime option).
>
> I reduced writing logs on this pendrive (decreasing samba verbose, openvpn,
> etc.)
>
> What can I do to decrease the useless writing on pendrive?

Saw something just today on the list about a 'transient' /var/log, mounted in memory (tmpfs):

http://www.debian-administration.org/article/A_transient_/var/log

Be warned this shouldn't be used on anything remotely production, as it can
introduce some serious issues in debugging. But for your basic output logging
it may suit a normal user.

--
Liam