Re: help with virtualbox

On 06/28/11 at 03:16pm, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Hi.
> Since I'm blind, I can't use the graphical interface with virtualbox.
> Can you help me to find a tutorial for me about how I do with the vboxmanage command?

I found a few introductory tutorials by googling 'creating VMs with vboxmanage'

> I know the help for the command in the manual, but I need a step by step tutorial.
> I need also information about how to set up usb, and how to choose the correct sound card emulation.

the relevant options are --usb on|off, and --audiocontroller ac97:sb16 (from
the man page)

I just ran through the basic process, you use createvm, registervm, modifyvm,
startvm. I enabled sound with modifyvm --audio alsa --audiocontroller ac97. I only have
virtualbox-ose available, so I can't test USB (OSE doesn't have USB support,
among other things).

--
Liam