Re: X on a virtual server

SOLVED!

On 6/27/11, William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, what does `netstat -nlp |grep vnc` output?

This was just the debugging tip I needed! I've lost the output, but it
contained an entry '127.0.0.1:5901' which brought to mind the strange
(to me) presence of the argument '-localhost' in the server startup
script I was using/"borrowing" from someone on the 'net:

vncserver :01 -rfbport 5901 -geometry 1280x1024 -nevershared
-localhost  -depth 16

I knew my desktop was on port 5901; the server log told me that. At
any rate -- you can see this coming, right? <g> -- removing that
goshdarn 'localhost' cured my "connection refused" problem!

Thanks William, and pardon me now while I get back to the "expert" who
gave me that script!

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely