Re: X on a virtual server

On 6/26/11, William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> x11vnc is for creating a VNC instance to an existing X server. You just want
> a VNC server: look into tightvncserver.

Yes, that is what I have running now, I think <g>

>From 'ps ax':

27765 pts/1    S      0:00 Xtightvnc :01 -desktop X -auth /home/bob/.Xauthority
27772 pts/1    Sl     0:00 gnome-session
27775 pts/1    S      0:00 /usr/lib/libgconf2-4/gconfd-2 5
27777 pts/1    S      0:00 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon

I cannot, however, connect from my remote machine. Even if I turn off
the firewalls at both ends of the link, I get a "connection refused"
when I run vncviewer. I can't even nping to port 5901, which is what
is configured. I have run xhost + to add both client and server to
access list.

Some unix weirdness somewhere....

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely