Re: Nvidia drivers from sid on squeeze

> Yes, I had wondered myself if there aren't incompatibilities, even if
> the packages are not marked as conflicting.  I think it might be easier
> to go the non-Debian, Nvidia way (sadly).  On Debian, how can I undo
> whatever the Nvidia installer does?  I'd feel more comfortable running
> it, knowing how to (safely) reverse its effects.
>
> Thanks,
> Aidan

To get rid of the nvidia stuff and its config, you can do either

apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*   (that is my way)

or use aptitude GUI and remove all packages manually. After that, you can
start

orphaner

which is a nice GUI to uninstall orphaned libs. At last I suggest to so

aptitude purge ~c

which purges ALL config files from any uninstalled package.

There is also a command called deborphan, but I never used it.
Besides, when I remember correctly, there is an option, to build a debian
package from Nvidia-*****.run, but I am not sure, Maybe I mix it in my mind
with the fglrx-*****.run from ATI....

Good luck!

Hans