Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Fri 24 Jun 2011 at 21:35:16 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

> Having switched to grub2 recently, I do that as well.  But I suspect
> most people will be content with the simpler configuration options
> offered by editing /etc/default/grub and running update-grub.

That's me! Although I do have a little change made to debian_theme.

Why is it some people dislike GRUB2? My experience isn't great but it
boots Debian kernels reliably on my machines. Nothing complicated I
admit, and I'm not overfussed about configuring it to display fancy
menus. What basic changes to grub.cfg cannot be made from the files in
/etc?

As an aside: Is having 'DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE' and making the file
read-only really an invitation to do the opposite?