Re: [Ask] My screen suddenly got froze

Thanks�Camale�
:)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Camale�span dir="ltr"><noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:18:32 -0400, Morning Star wrote:

> I've bought a cheap graphic card (ATI Radeon 9250 SE) and it fixed
> everything. The old graphic card (GeForce 6600LE) already broken I
> think. I don't have any problem with my display again. I figured it out
> a week ago. I'm sorry I was late to �tell you.

Don't worry, glad you finally got it solved :-)

> I have a question: Is there a way for kernel �be able to tell user
> about hardware failure like this? I don't see any error message in /var
>/log/messages or /var/log/syslog in time between the freeze and reboot
> again. It just said like this, " System is restarting", or "System is
> shutting down". It didn't say anything about freeze state messages.

Sadly, these kind of errors (hardware malfunction) are very difficult to
debug... most of the time there is no trace nor logs the user can review
(in Windows you can get a BSOD and also freezes when such problem arises).

To be sure there is a problem with the VGA card you may want to plug it
into another computer and see how it goes. If system also freezes or you
get an unexpected behaviour, then just say "bye!" to the card and give it
a good retirement :-)

Greetings,

--
Camale�r>