Re: [OT] Mice

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:21:56 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 06/09/2011 06:02 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:21:23 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

(...)

>>> Not the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse.  It's just... a plain old,
>>> boring standard sized mouse.
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Basic-Optical-Mouse-Black/dp/B00081N53K
>>
>> Logitech has also a bunch of plain mice corded and laser based but...
>> they don't look like my fatty balled mouse :-)
>>
>> Look, do you see the difference? The old model is slightly curved on
>> the top while the modern one is straight:
>>

> I'm left-handed, so the straight one is best for me.

(Just for archiving purposes)

I finally got a new set of mice (yes, optical, I think it has 800 ppp).
Specifically this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/basic-optical-mouse/P58-00001

It was the one I found with the closest design to the older (size and
weight). As I preferred to keep the old mouse serial port of the
motherboard (instead wasting one port from the USB hub), I'm using it
with a USB to PS/2 adapter.

I find the optical mouse is it a bit quicker than the older so I had to
reduce its speed from GNOME mouse settings. So far so good.

Yeepi! I no longer feel like a dinosaur, now I'm in cool's club 8-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón