Re: is there a tarsnap pkg avaialble for debian

On 24/06/11 09:52, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Follow the instruction on that page with the following modification to
>> step 6:-
>> 6. Run make all *checkinstall* clean to build and install Tarsnap.
>
> I see asterisks fore and aft of `checkinstall'.  Were those for
> emphasis or part of the command.

Emphasis.
If you view your email as HTML anything between the *s is usually
rendered as bold (strong).

> Is the command
>
>    make all checkinstall clean
>
> ?

First I'd:-
1. Extract the tarball
2. Read all the README files first. (esp. /pkg/README) - as autoconf is
used you may find it is capable of producing a Debian package.

3. Read the output of:-
$ ./configure --help | less

I'd try separating the commands eg.:-
$ make all
$ checkinstall
$ clean

The last is not necessary (unless you try and compile the app twice from
the same extracted archive)

Paths I'm referring to are relative to the extracted tarball.

Disclaimer: I haven't used tarsnap so I'm going from the retailer's
instructions (YMMV).

Cheers

--
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic
drugs, I see through you.