Re: is there a tarsnap pkg avaialble for debian

On 23/06/11 16:09, Harry Putnam wrote:

<snipped>

> Is there a source for a `tarsnap' pkg
>
>   (http://www.tarsnap.com/index.html)
>
> that is accessible with `aptitude'?

Not according to:-
https://www.tarsnap.com/download.html
"At the present time, pre-built binaries are not available for Tarsnap —
it must be compiled from the source code."

And Google seems to agree:-
http://www.google.com/search?q=tarsnap+filetype%3Adeb

Try checkinstall to build a debian package:-
# apt-get install checkinstall

Then download the source package from:-
https://www.tarsnap.com/download.html

Follow the instruction on that page with the following modification to
step 6:-
6. Run make all *checkinstall* clean to build and install Tarsnap.

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and