Re: Ripping CD

T o n g skrev 2011-06-23 18:08:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what's the proper tools for ripping/copying CDs.
>
> Sorry to bring up an "old" topic again, but I felt that a popular tools 3
> or 5 years ago might not be popular any more and there might be better
> (developed/maintained) tools available now.

asunder is pretty nice for the ripping part of your request (lightweight
and GTK-based) - It will make use of lame from Debian Multimedia for mp3
support if you have it installed (I only use it for ripping cd's to ogg
myself). It doesn't do cd copying, but only ripping. And yes, it is
based on cdparanoia.

More info here:
http://littlesvr.ca/asunder/

/Andreas