Re: dhclient keeps sending old hostname [solved]

On Ma, 21 iun 11, 16:34:24, Ross Boylan wrote:

> I speculate that my previous efforts failed because I had not changed
> the (correct) dhclient.conf before reboot.  Presumably before upgrade
> there was only one such file (under dhcp3/).

My guess is your previous attempts failed because you didn't restart
Network Manager.

> NetworkManager, not ifupdown, is managing my network connection.

[snip]

> P.S.  I used VNC to keep connected while the interface went down.  Maybe
> someone brave could get away with
> nmcli con down id "Auto eth0"; nmcli con up id "Auto eth0"

A simple '/etc/init.d/network-manager restart' might have also worked.

You're already very brave to be running Network Manager on a remotely
administered machine :)

Regards,
Andrei