Re: X bother consoles

On 06/21/2011 08:04 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Lu, 20 iun 11, 20:33:08, maderios wrote:
Hi
After changing my hardware, a curious problem appeared with Wheezy
and Squeeze.
When starting X from a console, the space of the other consoles seem
"zoomed": the bottom of the console is not visible but I can always
return the data from the keyboard, "blindly".
The command 'setupcon' restores the normal console  but when I
restart X, console is disturbed again. The graphic card is a Nvidia
Quadro600 so I tested kernel mode setting with the driver 'Nouveau':
no problem. The console doesnt seem disturbed because of the
framebuffer ..... By cons, as I have not intend to use Nouveau
driver, I would like consoles back normal. I tested also with
another graphics card (MatroxP690, vesa driver), same problem.
  I dont  understand how  X server can change the consoles display.
Thank you for any help, ideas / suggestions on this oddity.
Maderios

Please try this: at the grub prompt press 'e' (like wanting to edit an
entry) and then Ctrl-X (proceed with the boot) and then try to reproduce
the bug.

Regards,
Andrei
Hi
I tried this and I got the same bug.
Important: I always disable  graphical grub interface. I only use Grub menu.
Greetings
Maderios