X bother consoles

Hi
After changing my hardware, a curious problem appeared with Wheezy and Squeeze. When starting X from a console, the space of the other consoles seem "zoomed": the bottom of the console is not visible but I can always return the data from the keyboard, "blindly". The command 'setupcon' restores the normal console but when I restart X, console is disturbed again. The graphic card is a Nvidia Quadro600 so I tested kernel mode setting with the driver 'Nouveau': no problem. The console doesnt seem disturbed because of the framebuffer ..... By cons, as I have not intend to use Nouveau driver, I would like consoles back normal. I tested also with another graphics card (MatroxP690, vesa driver), same problem.
 I dont  understand how  X server can change the consoles display.
Thank you for any help, ideas / suggestions on this oddity.
Maderios