Re: Question about the new kernel with PAE (Wheezy) - Report

On 06/21/2011 01:52 PM, Camaleón wrote:
Well, if you agree with the update, the pae kernel installs despite it
warns about it will not work (and when you boot with it, it fails as
expected). You can still boot with the old kernel (good job!).

So in the end you need to manually remove the pae kernel and install the
486, as Gilbert suggested.

I still think this should have been automagically done by the upgrade.
Why proceed with installing something that will not work and even set it
as the default boot option>:-P

Greetings,

They're just doing that to see if we're paying attention!

I had always assumed that the little sub-notebook's processor would have supported PAE. If aptitude had taken upon itself just to switch me from 686 to 486, I probably would have thought that was odd, too. At least the package manager did tell me exactly what I needed to do. That's a good thing for a dummy like me.

8-)