Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 06/20/2011 07:35 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
[snip]

Unfortunately Aqualung has only a small subset of Amarok 2s
capabilities. And I've yet to find anything that matches Amarok - it
easily handles my 260GB music collection (53k+ songs (5130 albums) as
well as lyric files, photos, music videos, and album art - auto display
of Wikipedia entries for playing tracks - plugins for musicbrainz,
dozens of extension scripts, and it's easy to write more. It uses mysql
(or other) database and has extensive playlist capability.
As an added bonus it crashes every time I shut it down :-(  But nothing
breaks, and nothing beats it.

The music files are stored directly in a database?

Just playlists and program specific information I believe. The music directories, files, their tags and any changes therein made by Amarok remain accessible by other programs.

--
Regards,
Freeman