Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok

On 20/06/11 17:04, Lisi wrote:
> On Sunday 19 June 2011 23:42:42 Ron Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this Anarok 2.x.  I have heard complaints about it before.  I am still
>>> sitting pretty on Amarok 1.4.5, which is more than adequate for my
>>> (admittedly undemanding) needs.
>>
>> Try aqualung.
>
> Why?  I like Amarok.
>
>> It's gooey and plays music.
>
> Lisi

Unfortunately Aqualung has only a small subset of Amarok 2s
capabilities. And I've yet to find anything that matches Amarok - it
easily handles my 260GB music collection (53k+ songs (5130 albums) as
well as lyric files, photos, music videos, and album art - auto display
of Wikipedia entries for playing tracks - plugins for musicbrainz,
dozens of extension scripts, and it's easy to write more. It uses mysql
(or other) database and has extensive playlist capability.
As an added bonus it crashes every time I shut it down :-(  But nothing
breaks, and nothing beats it.
Apart from crashing the new - built-in contact the developer feature
repeatedly lets you know they received your message - sort of like an
echo! :-D

Cheers