Re: After fresh install to stable now KMail crashes

On 20/06/11 16:45, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:12:14 +0100, AG wrote:

Taking prior advice on avoiding the apparently high degree of volatility
in the current testing, at least as far as my experience has been so
far,
The opposite applies for me. Testing has been very stable, despite its
name.

Hey Camaleón

That has definitely *not* been my experience given the number of issues I've come to this list about and that is after a completely fresh installation. It was reaching the point that I had begun to dread logging out for fear of what I would find broken/ missing/ frozen the next time I logged on. Hence the re-install to squeeze ... and guess what? Yet another problem!

<snip>
(...)

KDE SC (at least starting from 4.6) will be highly dependant on akonadi
and nepomuk so I would first ensure both services are properly configured
and running, just in case...

Any suggestions on how to do this, because so far - touch wood - this is the only issue I've come across, but then again, the system has only been running a couple of hours so there is still time.

Cheers

AG