Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:15:36 +0100, AG wrote:

> Today a new issue reared its ugly head.  I installed, using safe-update
> from the Update Manager in GNOME, on a wheezy installation, Amarok .
>
> When I go to run Amarok, it crashes.  This is the output: $

(...)

> QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 43 and type 'Read', disabling... KCrash:
> Application 'amarok' crashing... KCrash: Attempting to start
> /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
> sock_file=/home/AG/.kde/socket-valhalla/kdeinit4__0
>
> What on earth is going on here?  Applications don't install correctly,
> or they crash when opened?  Although I am able to use my system
> productively, it is so &%$&ing infuriating when almost everyday a new
> problem occurs on this new installation of Debian.

But you are running testing, right? :-)

> I am a long time user and advocate of Debian, but this has got to be the
> buggiest installation of Debian since when I first started using it,
> back when Lenny was the testing candidate.

What I don't see is why you think this is a Debian specific issue. Amarok
crashes are not so uncommon.

> What have I done wrong on this, why would an ordinary safe-update of
> Amarok crash?
>
> Yet another issue, and I really don't know what the heck to do about
> this ... any ideas?

Yep, you can try by starting amarok from a complete new profile. As you
are under GNOME, maybe you need to rename some folders...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón