Re: Debian wheezy machine auto booted after poweroff - Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1177

> There's an option that enables to 'boot' a new kernel without rebooting
> completely, you only need to re-edit a line in a script from true to
> false or vv. I can't remember that script.
>
> I had this issue with Ubuntu Studio or Debian this or last month, but
> can't find the solution that is somewhere in the
> Ubuntu Studio developers
> Ubuntu Studio users
> or
> Debian user
> archives.

Here it is:

    "Re: Restart always restarts with kexec

    Hello,

    Ralf Mardorf a écrit :

    > after building and installing a kernel-rt a restart will always
    restart
    > with kexec.
    [...]
    > Is there an easy way to get back an usual reboot?

    IIUC your request,
    a) apt-get remove kexec-tools
    b) or run 'coldreboot' instead of 'reboot' to do a normal reboot
    c) or edit /etc/default/kexec to disable kexec on reboot"

c) is the answer.