Re: Cannot connect to localhost:631

On 06/16/2011 12:15 PM, AG wrote:
On 16/06/11 15:36, lee wrote:
AG<computing.account@googlemail.com> writes:

On Wheezy, I have lost the capability of connecting to the CUPS server
via the web-page using localhost:631. The error message is "cannot
connect: connection to the server refused".
Did you check the configuration of cups to see which port it´s using? Is
cups actually running?

Yes, the server *is* running. Below is the cups.conf file - doesn't seem
to be anything about ports in here except for sockets in /var/run/cups,
nor permissions to access the server. Is this in a different file?

LogLevel warn
MaxLogSize 0
SystemGroup lpadmin
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Browsing On

I have at the top of cupsd.conf a line it seems you are missing:

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
 Listen localhost:631

Wayne