Re: Cannot connect to localhost:631

On 16/06/11 16:12, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 06/16/2011 09:23 AM, AG wrote:
On 15/06/11 14:35, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 06/15/2011 07:38 AM, AG wrote:
On Wheezy, I have lost the capability of connecting to the CUPS server
via the web-page using localhost:631. The error message is "cannot
connect: connection to the server refused".

I have double-checked /etc/hosts and that seems fine, checking the Net
for help throws up suggestions on changing a setting in cupsd.conf but
the only cupsd.conf file I can find on my system is a binary file in
/var/sbin. I also tried system-config-printer but that didn't help.

I have restarted the CUPS server and can print okay ... just cannot
connect to the server.

Anything else that I can try?
Is localhost allowed in /etc/hosys.allow?

Wayne

/etc/hosts.allow is empty

ISTR a problem getting to localhost:631 when I installed squeeze.  I had
forgotten to allow localhost in /etc/hosts.allow.

Wayne

Perhaps it would work for me to fill this in, although to be fair, I don't recall having to do so in previous installations/ upgrades. However, this has been a problematic transition from squeeze to wheezy thus far, and this may be more of the same.

Any quick leads on the correct layout/ terms to use in the relevant stanza in the file?
I see that you also get a cupsd.conf not found so that may, or may not,
be your only problem.

I see in other replies that you have something about /var/sbin.  Are you
running Debian??

Yes - my bad. I had my head somewhere else entirely when I wrote that. Pls disregard.

Cheers

AG