Re: How select the access point manually in a wireless network?

On Wed 15 Jun 2011 at 11:59:00 -0700, Adrian Rocha wrote:

> I use the NetworkManager to admin the conections.
> I can't see any log about the setting of the AP manually in the syslog. I
> attached the syslog of NetworkManager start.
>
> now I stoped this deamon and I'm trying to connect to the wireless network
> manually.

I have no experience of NetworkManager but would expect it to allow you
to choose the AP manually. Is it something you have tried?

The roaming bit is probably handled by wpasupplicant, which NM uses, and
I do know wpasupplicant can be given a priority parameter to deal with
APs which are in close proximity, the same SSIDs but different BSSIDs,
say, but do not know how NetworkManager makes use of it.