Re: psi instead of Skype

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:52:37 +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 15:24, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> low land-line/mobile rates my SIP provider has
>
> How's the sound quality?

With "standard" DSL (10 Mbps/1 Mbps) is very good (sometimes even better
that when I use my cell phone). With FTTH is even better :-P

> Any big known SIP providers?

I looked for the one¹ with the lowest rates to my needs (mainly calls to
mobile phones in Spain and also landline) but there are many others out
there which provide additional services (like your own number for
incoming calls, etc...).

I use VoIP with Ekiga by means of USB headset (from Plantronics) and
works like a charm. I'm so happy with it that I'm thinking in acquiring
an ATA converter so I can use any standard phone with it and make VoIP my
default calling system :-)

¹http://www.12voip.com/en/index.html

Greetings,

--