Re: open source time/expense tracking package?

Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
How about redmine (www.redmine.org)?
That is a real nice project management system.

time sheets - fill in, "sign" and submit, approve, transfer to accounting/billing system, maintain audit log

expense reports - fill in, "sign and submit, approve, transfer to accounting/billing system, generate list of checks to write, maintain audit log

both are very simple processes, common to pretty much any environment that provides professional services on a time & materials basis -- lots of people do it on paper, there are a good number of commercial packages, but nothing that I can find that's FOSS (even when surrounded by huge amounts of project management stuff that I have no need for)

redmine (and most other project management systems I've looked at) provide for tracking time against tasks, but none of the formal stuff needed for accounting and billing (particularly for government contracts)