Re: Subscription

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 10:22 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:05:04 -0400 (EDT), Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > It's bad that the Linux community tends to educate people with tons of
> > redundant words, when they don't have a choice not to read it.
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ IMO would be the better link and if
> > somebody already has subscribed and a subscription mail came through the
> > list, this isn't fatal.
> >
> > Dyslexia, braille and other reasons should be good enough to reduce the
> > amount of words for basic information.
> >
> > A thread with redundant words is ok, because everybody is free not to
> > read it.
> >
> > No rant ;), just 2 cents, since I'm a dyslexic and wonder about this
> > Linux own issue. E.g. read a book to set up your boot loaders menu and
> > now read a book about how to subscribe to a Debian mailing list.
> >
> > I've good luck, because I can skip a lot when watching at the monitor, I
> > guess using braille, people have to read much more irrelevant stuff.
>
> I was answering the question he asked, not the question he didn't ask.
> Is it possible to use the list without subscribing?  Yes, it is.
> But that's not what he asked.  He specifically said he wanted to
> "join the list".  And I gave him a link to the instructions.
>
> (OK, strictly speaking it was a statement, not a question.  The question
> was implied.)

:)

IMO

Subscribe / Unsubscribe
Your email address:

doesn't need tons of text how to use it ;), so at least I would
recommend this link http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

I guess with some hours trail and error it should be possible to
subscribe, even by using this complicated thingy ;).

2 Cents,

Ralf