Re: Subscription

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:05:04 -0400 (EDT), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 23:13 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:50:28 -0400 (EDT), "Morning Star" wrote:
>>>
>>> i want to join this mailing lists because i have a question about debian.

> It's bad that the Linux community tends to educate people with tons of
> redundant words, when they don't have a choice not to read it.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ IMO would be the better link and if
> somebody already has subscribed and a subscription mail came through the
> list, this isn't fatal.
>
> Dyslexia, braille and other reasons should be good enough to reduce the
> amount of words for basic information.
>
> A thread with redundant words is ok, because everybody is free not to
> read it.
>
> No rant ;), just 2 cents, since I'm a dyslexic and wonder about this
> Linux own issue. E.g. read a book to set up your boot loaders menu and
> now read a book about how to subscribe to a Debian mailing list.
>
> I've good luck, because I can skip a lot when watching at the monitor, I
> guess using braille, people have to read much more irrelevant stuff.

I was answering the question he asked, not the question he didn't ask.
Is it possible to use the list without subscribing?  Yes, it is.
But that's not what he asked.  He specifically said he wanted to
"join the list".  And I gave him a link to the instructions.

(OK, strictly speaking it was a statement, not a question.  The question
was implied.)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :