Re: open source time/expense tracking package?

On 11/06/11 11:10, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been looking high and low for  a simple time & expense tracking
> package that I can run on my (Debian) server, to support a small project
> team.  Can't seem to find anything but commercial web services (e.g.,
> clicktime).
>
> So... Figured I'd ask and see if anyone here has found such a beast -
> packaged for Debian, obviously.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Miles Fidelman

Here's a comparison of some of the major suites/applications - you're
probably after the Open Source license ones:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_project_management_software

I suspect learning and configuring Open Project may be a larger project
than your project, but what you call small project I might call large.

How many users? Can you say more about the project?

I use Korganiser, Kplato and GnuCash. You probably won't need Gnucash as
Kplato can handle individual project finances.
I found Kplato and Korganiser needed a couple of days to learn - which
is a week or two less than some of the larger systems. I'm a slow learner.
For long term projects (site maintenance etc) I just customise CMS
MadeSimple to suit.
Some of the people I work with swear by eGroupware.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.