Re: icedove/yahoo imap: messages marked as read & filters not run on inbox

On 06/10/2011 04:13 PM, Nicolas Bercher wrote:
> Hi,

snip

>  1. Near every messages that arrive into inbox and are marked as read,
> but not all of them.  This seems to be an imap side-problem: my account
> was freshly set up and I never saw this before with account from other
> imap providers (and of course I've check icedove config many times).

Are you sure nothing else is reading the messages?  I don't have yahoo
imap, but I know that if I read the messages on my phone, they'll show
up as read the next time I check in Thunderbird.

>  2. Mail filters I defined (on the icedove side) doesn't work
> automatically (again, I've check configuration many times) and I have to
> run "alt-t r" to manually apply the filters on inbox.

Solving number 1 will solve this.  Thunderbird (and Icedove) only
automatically apply filters to new messages.  Any messages I read
through my phone and/or webmail will not be filtered automatically.  I
need to run filters to do that.

snip

> Thank a lot,
>
> Nicolas

Thanks for the filter shortcut, I've been meaning to look that up.

PaulNM