icedove/yahoo imap: messages marked as read & filters not run on inbox

Hi,

I recently set up my yahoo.fr account (this one) as an *imap* mailbox under thunderbird. I've waited a long time for this to happen and with the success of smart phones, it seems that yahoo enabled an imap server, but didn't communicate that much for regular users (the one who got their accounts without smart phones).

However, I have two issues that might concern many people here that uses icedove and have yahoo mailboxes:

1. Near every messages that arrive into inbox and are marked as read, but not all of them. This seems to be an imap side-problem: my account was freshly set up and I never saw this before with account from other imap providers (and of course I've check icedove config many times).

2. Mail filters I defined (on the icedove side) doesn't work automatically (again, I've check configuration many times) and I have to run "alt-t r" to manually apply the filters on inbox.

So, do you (smart people) see anything special here, have experience with yahoo imap and so on?

Thank a lot,

Nicolas