Re: Set Up a server using Public IP Addresses on debian

On 6/7/11, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 20:58:23 +0200, Christian Simo wrote:
>
>> On 6/7/11, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> The more details you provide about your devices and setup (what kind of
>>> services do you want to be routed to your local lan, e.g., a web
>>> server, e-mail server...?), the better.
>
>> I wanna run DNS and Web Servers
>> my ISP give to me a following IP:
>>
>> Router IP 41.134.19.89
>> Network Mask 41.134.19.88 255.255.255.248
>> Broadcast Address 41.134.19.95
>> Network Address 41.134.19.88
>> WAN IP Range 41.134.19.88/29
>>
>> and another public IP as follow allocated to me :
>> 41.134.19.90
>> 41.134.19.91
>> 41.134.19.92
>> 41.134.19.93
>> 41.134.19.94
>
> Those IPs seem to be from Mweb ISP. Do you have this plan with a Cisco
> router?

Yeah! there are from Mweb ISP. It is a 4Mb speed with Cisco router.

there was given me details part by part I mean after many upset mail
send to them.

> http://www.mweb.co.za/productspricing/Portals/19/Pdf/ADSL%20Uncapped30052011.pdf
>
>> It is my first time to use a public IP on the private network
>
> I would first ask your provider to check if it is possible to have the
> configuration you want with the service they provide. You have to be sure
> those IPs are properly routed to your gateway facility (your modem/
> router) with no restrictions (I mean, that all ports are unfiltered/
> opened and the gateway facility is completely manegeable by you, not your
> ISP).

Alright! before send them a mail, i want to be sure that the
configuration that I was doing are correct?  Because really I'm
confusing now!