Re: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 13:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 01:05:30 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > I guess Debian and Ubuntu only have issues with PS/2 mice.
>
> I can't speak for Ubuntu, but I'm using a PS/2 mouse with Debian and
> works very well. I wonder what can cause a simple PS/2 mouse to
> malfunction.
>
> Anything at Xorg's log?
>
> > Is there a way to fix this? I tried to get a USB mouse that really
> > could replace my PS/2 mouse, but all modern mice seems to be made to
> > get typist's cramps. So I'll get rid of my new USB mouse if possible
> > and use my old PS/2 mouth again.
>
> Buy a PS/2 to USB adapter? :-)
>
> There are some dual-port models to connect your PS/2 mouse and keyboard
> by using just one USB port.

Seems to be the most comfortable solution, fortunately no USB is sharing
IRQ with my pro audio sound devices ;). So for me it could be an
advantage, by getting rid of a PS/2 IRQ, it's said, that it should be
possible by the BIOS. The IRQ doesn't cause issues, but anyway, the
less, the better.

Some people's professional audio devices share IRQs with USB and AFAIK
that's the more worse, the more USB is used.

Cheers!

Ralf