Re: google to pull support for firefox 3,5

On Jun 2, 2011 3:35 PM, "Nuno Magalhães" <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:

> If their excuse was lack of standards' compliance maybe it'd kinda
> make sense. If. There's something called graceful degradation and it
> does "force" people to buy newer hardware. How green of Google Inc.
> Reminds me to start migrating away from their products and start
> treating them as Microsoft's. Guess i'll learn exim et al :)
> </rant>

Politics aside, I actually wish more companies would do this. I've told people for about a year now that I'll make web sites work for ie9 and everything else or it'll just be tested for a certain version of ie. Not supporting ff3.5 is a bit radical imo but I can understand.

However, its probably because (IIRC) firefox is going to stop supporting it and force upgrades as much as possible. IIRC, they're tired of writing security patches for 3.5 when they've changed their code base do much.