Re: aptitude/apt-get hangs during update (plus) on IPv6

On Tue, 31 May 2011 09:50:48 -0400
"Jeffrey B. Green" <jeff@kikisoso.org> wrote:

> When I check with tcpdump to be sure the firewall isn't the culprit, I
> find that all of the packets that reach the firewall also make it to
> the server and a conversation of 20-22 packets occurs (20 on one
> server, 22 on a different one).

Doing a capture to file and examining with wireshark shows several 404
"Not Found" HTTP messages, in particular:

The requested
URL /dists/squeeze/updates/contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US.bz2 was not
found on this server.

-AND-

The requested
URL /dists/squeeze/updates/contrib/i18n/Translation-en.bz2 was not
found on this server.

I'm guessing the IPv4 and IPv6 security servers are not the same
machine.

-jeff