Re: How to use the net install CD with PPPoE?

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 01:03 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 5/29/2011 6:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Do I need to download and install pppoeconf + dependencies or is there
> > another way to get a PPPoE connection?
>
> You buy a cheap consumer router, like everyone else does who isn't
> provided one by their ISP.  For instance:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156001
>
> Find something similar there in Germany.  Once you have it up and
> running you'll kick yourself for not doing it long ago.  Saves lots of
> time and prevents headaches such as the one you're currently fighting.
>
> --
> Stan

Hi Stan :)

I'm sure a friend would donate one, if he didn't ditch his old routers.
Once he would donate one, but I wished not to have devices that aren't
really needed. I'm surrounded by audio/MIDI gear, not much space since I
had to move my equipment from a large house with an audio studio, to a
small rented flat with a small room for music.
Anyway, I'll ask him, if he still has got a router he could donate, but
this won't help me today.

A new install by the netinst CD with modules=ppp-udbe resulted in
"command not found" when I tried to launch pppoeconf.

Can I just use CD1 or DVD1 for a "regular" install?

Cheers!

Ralf