Re: Ncurses for touch screens?

On 05/27/2011 07:36 PM, Nick Lidakis wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:35:24AM +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:

/snip/
Thanks for the advice. I did find a used O'Reilly book called Learning
Python. Also, there is something called python-mpd client library in the
Debian repository and I found a program called easympc. Easympc
(http://code.google.com/p/easympc/) is a simple curses client written in
python. Perhaps is can be modified for my needs.

/snip/
Look for a free on-line 150 page book, "Snake Wrangling for Kids," by
Jason R. Briggs. It will teach you Python, and it's not just for kids, in spite
of the title.  Before you download the book, be aware that there are two
different releases of Python, and two releases of the book, so find out
what Python release (2.x or 3.0) you have or can get before downloading
the book.  (Many recent releases of Linux distros still have the earlier
Python in the repo. I just checked PCLOS, and it has the older one.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley