Re: Ncurses for touch screens?

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 08:55:36PM -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> I was wondering if there was some kind of ncurses application or utility that
> would let you define simple ASCII buttons and when that button was pressed
> using gpm or a touchscreen it would run a simple command. I tried searching
> with apt-cache but nothing showed up; nothing using Google either.

Perhaps not the most simple of solutions, but as you're willing to learn
some sort of definition language anyway (i.e. where to place buttons,
what they say, what they do), why not look into coding something in
perl / python / ruby. They all come with ncurses libraries and aren't
that hard to pick up.

--
Paul Saunders