Re: [SOLVED] need help with clamav

On 05/26/2011 12:28 AM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 22:11:52 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 05/25/2011 07:55 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote: [snip]

Thanks Camaleón, you were the only one to reply. And this puzzles me
BTW. I doubt people do not use clamav in Debian. Is there anything
wrong with my posting. I'm new to Debian community and willing to
learn. :-)

The main (only valid?) purpose of clamav is for mail server computers in
Windows offices.

So, if the computer is your stand-alone box which you read email from
then clamav is *not* necessary.  Yes, Windows viruses will get onto your
machine, but so what?  They don't do anything on Linux.

My computer is a stand-alone box, except my laptop that is running Linux
as well being a part of my little network. But I communicate with folks
using Windows. Unfortunately some of them are not computer literate to
such a point they even do not have an anti-virus installed. So, I have to
take some steps to protect them.

I interpret that as meaning that you forward to them emails that have been forwarded to you and were forwarded to that person etc etc ad nauseum?

corrupt."