Re: Viewing YouTube in slow motion?

On 05/26/2011 12:34 AM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 05/24/11 07:26, Mihira Fernando wrote:
On 05/24/2011 07:55 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
Is there any software out there to allow me to download, or capture
the stream of a YouTube video and then play it back at a slower pace.
There are some videos of karate katas that I would really like to view
at about half speed, or slower.

Continually hitting the pause button helps some, but is not really the
best solution.

Marc

install the Downloadhelper firefox plugin to download youtube videos.
Then you can play them with VLC. VLC has play back speed controls so you
can slow down the play back speed.

Thanks! Downloadhelper worked like a charm. I couldn't get VLC to work.
It played back the audio, but not the video. I did, however, finally
notice the very tiny, unmarked button on Xine which slows the playback,
so I am able to do what I need. All is good.

mplayer FTW, especially if you have an Nvidia card, VDPAU and a non-ancient card.

      <- and ->
           Seek backward/forward 10 seconds.
      up and down
           Seek forward/backward 1 minute.
      pgup and pgdown
           Seek forward/backward 10 minutes.
      [ and ]
           Decrease/increase current playback speed by 10%.
      { and }
           Halve/double current playback speed.
      backspace
           Reset playback speed to normal.
      .
           Step  forward.   Pressing  once  will pause movie, every
           consecutive press will play one frame and then go into
           pause mode again (any other key unpauses).

corrupt."