Re: [SOLVED] need help with clamav

On 05/25/2011 07:55 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
[snip]

Thanks Camaleón, you were the only one to reply. And this puzzles me BTW.
I doubt people do not use clamav in Debian. Is there anything wrong with
my posting. I'm new to Debian community and willing to learn. :-)

The main (only valid?) purpose of clamav is for mail server computers in Windows offices.

So, if the computer is your stand-alone box which you read email from then clamav is *not* necessary. Yes, Windows viruses will get onto your machine, but so what? They don't do anything on Linux.

Now, what you *do* need is a spam filter built either into your mail client or local mail server.

corrupt."