Re: backports updates

On Monday 16 May 2011 21:18:01 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 16 mai 11, 20:43:37, Lisi wrote:
> > Vanilla, and untouched by human hand.  Exactly as aptitude/debian set it
> > up! I have never dared touch my preferences file.....
>
> [...]
>
> >  200 http://backports.debian.org lenny-backports/non-free Packages
> >      release o=Debian Backports,a=lenny-backports,l=Debian
> > Backports,c=non-free
> >      origin backports.debian.org
> >  200 http://backports.debian.org lenny-backports/contrib Packages
> >      release o=Debian Backports,a=lenny-backports,l=Debian
> > Backports,c=contrib origin backports.debian.org
> >  200 http://backports.debian.org lenny-backports/main Packages
> >      release o=Debian Backports,a=lenny-backports,l=Debian
> > Backports,c=main origin backports.debian.org
>
> backports.d.o has priority 200, while on a squeeze machine it gets only
> 100. You should inspect /etc/apt/preferences and the contents of
> /etc/apt/preferences.d/ (if any of these exist).

/etc/apt/preferences exists and  /etc/apt/preferences.d/ does not.  But I am
not clear as to the purpose of looking at them?

For what it is worth, /ect/apt/preferences says:
<quote>
Package: *
Pin: release a=lenny-backports
Pin-Priority: 200
</quote>
It agrees with apt-cache policy.  Shouldn't it?

As I said, I have set nothing manually.  Aptitude set it all up.

I may be away again for the next 2 days.  (But if I go on coughing the way I
am now, I may not be!!)

Lisi