Re: CUPS Driver for Epson Stylus NX420 printer?

On Saturday 21 May 2011 19:26:26 Rick Thomas wrote:
> If you really support open source software, put your time and talent
> where your mouth is.  Help make it better!

If you have the tenacity and drive, by not buying hw that has no Linux support
and telling the company concerned what you have done and why?

Some of us are not scripters and cannot actually reverse engineer drivers, but
if enough of us complained in this manner it might impact on the
shareholders.

Sadly, I fear that there are not enough from what is a small pool in the first
place to have an impact.

Personally, I am just grateful that some companies (e.g. HP and Samsung) _do_
have good drivers for most of their printers.

Lisi