Re: Mp3 Encoding (and Virtual Machine Software for Wheezy?)

On 05/19/2011 03:09 AM, Chen Wei wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:25:15PM -0400, Tin Kidneys wrote:
On 05/18/2011 03:16 AM, Chen Wei wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:35:01AM -0400, Tin Kidneys wrote:
I just purchased a Sony E-Series Walkman,&   don't have any album
artwork showing on mp3's i just encoded using my Debian Wheezy
system (my lame libraries are from debian-multimedia.org).

Thanks for the response. All tags on mp3's which are currently showing
&  not showing artwork are in ID3v2.3, so the issue is not ID3 tags.

I didn't know that lame can embed image into mp3. In fact, I always use
a 3rd party tagger. When I rip cd, ABCDE also appears work this way. It
use lame to encode wav files, id3 or id3v2 to tag mp3 files. To embed
artwork, I use easytag. Another choice is mp3tag, although it is
a windows app, it runs surprisingly well under wine.

Thanks again for the response!

To encode a bunch of WAV files at a time, i use Sound Converter. I use EasyTag like you to embed the artwork (i really like how in-depth the program goes to take control of all the metadata in your library).

Anyway, I went ahead & uninstalled all virtual machines, & will contact the appropriate folks to find out what the status is for VirtualBox's Guest Additions on Wheezy.

I also downgraded my FFmpeg and LAME libraries & can confirm that using LAME 3.98.2-0.4 and ID3 Tag v2.3 will allow you to see embedded artwork on the Sony E-Series Walkman (NWZ-E353).

Keep in mind, i was NOT transferring files using MTP protocol. This was using the device as a mass storage device with drag-and-drop.

HOWEVER...

It's not 100% clear that i was actually using the LAME encoder on my system. Sound Converter (from the main repos) may be using FFmpeg. I'm not completely sure.