Re: Mp3 Encoding (and Virtual Machine Software for Wheezy?)

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:35:01AM -0400, Tin Kidneys wrote:
> I just purchased a Sony E-Series Walkman, & don't have any album
> artwork showing on mp3's i just encoded using my Debian Wheezy
> system (my lame libraries are from debian-multimedia.org).
>
> Some of the mp3's i added were actually showing artwork, so i ran
> those files through my hex editor and discovered the problem was the
> version of lame i was encoding with. The mp3's i encoded using my
> Debian (Wheezy) system, the artwork was not showing. But the older
> mp3's i was adding... their album's artwork WAS showing.

It might not be the version of lame, but the version of id3 tag cause
the problem. I'd like suggest you start troubleshooting by compare the
id3 tag version, or use a tag editor, easytag for example, to rewrite
the mp3 tag in the version that Sony mp3 supported.

> Install a virtual machine, load the older libraries, & do my
> encoding there. However, my issue is i don't know of any virtual
> machine software available for Debian Wheezy (amd64). Do you guys
> know of any?

virtualbox

--
Chen Wei