Re: About Me Changes Don't Stick and Additional Drivers No Show in Main Menu

17/05/2011 23:47, Peter Allen wrote:
> Hi
> I just installed Mint 10 Debian and my additional drivers option isn't
> available in the main menu.  My Graphics are horrible and I need to see
> if additional drivers are available.
>
> When I update my personal info in about me and close it the information
> is not being saved.
>
> I appreciate any help.
>

> Thanks,
> Pete Allen

Mint isn't Debian proper, and the version you use is experimental. The
"known issues" [1] states that a few (Ubuntu-centric) packages are
missing, including:

"Missing packages

The following packages are missing and will soon be ported to LMDE:
jockey-gtk, usb-creator, simple-ccsm."

What you are lookin gfor is "jockey-gtk" ...

But whatever you want to install you can do it without the "jockey"
interface, you just have to know what you are looking for: graphic card
driver ? Wireless ? Something else ?

[1] http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_debian.php