Squeeze boot takes 9 minutes; no sound and no 3D acceleration

Yesterday I updated Lenny to Squeeze. Lenny was working very well, but now I have a few problems:

1) Booting takes 9 minutes to login screen. This seems to be because NIS, freshclam, MTA exim4 start before networking is up and thus take 1 or 2 minutes to timeout. Also hald took a minute to start, I do not know why. I already added networking to nis Required-Start: line, but that does not seem to help.

2) sound no longer works. I have Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08), which seems to need firmware loaded. I tried installing ld10k1, remains to check if that helped. During installation I got a popup screen about missing firmwares, but that screen was not at all helpful in figuring out where to get those firmwares.

The popup contained this:
snd_emu10k1: emu/emu1010_notebook.fw, emu/emu0404.fw, emu/micro_dock.fw, │
│ emu/emu1010b.fw, emu/audio_dock.fw, emu/hana.fw │
│ r8169: rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw, rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw

I do not understand the above at all.

3) I have nVidia Corporation G84 [GeForce 8600 GT] display card. Now 3D acceleration no longer works, I managed to fix the wrong symlinks probably caused by manually installed NVidia drivers 3 years ago. Now I use Debian packages, but programs that try to use libGL do not work:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _nv000047gl

I do not know what is wrong, but found others with similar problem and Debian bug report about this issue.