Re: Avoid POP3

On 17/05/11 10:52, Jesus arteche wrote:
Hi,

We have a problem. We are building  an app which uses Roundcube to read
mails. It's ok for IMAP accounts, but we need to read an account
provider who just uses POP3. We need to read it without download the
mails.  There are some way to read the mails from POP3 account without
download...maybe a gateway to IMAP...some idea?

Thanks

POP has an option to leave messages on the server after you have read them.

I have a server set up which stores all my mails, and I use IMAP to read them. I have a few old accounts from old ISPs which uses POP, and I just collect mails from them with Fetchmail (which then forwards in on to my mail server via smtp). I don't however leave the messages on the server, but I think there is a Fetchmail option to do so.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk